Jay Leno retirement rumors swirl
Could Jay Leno be headed toward retirement?
The longtime Tonight Show host is the subject of speculation about another late night shake-up.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, “two high-level industry sources” said NBC may be planning Leno’s departure.
An announcement could come in May that the 2013-14 television season would be the comedian’s last.
Jimmy Fallon, who currently hosts Late Night on NBC, could be the heir to the Tonight Show throne, The Hollywood Reporter said.
If this all plays out, it will be Leno’s “second retirement” from The Tonight Show.
The network briefly rearranged its funnymen in 2009 and 2010 when it gave The Jay Leno Show a shot in primetime.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- Family says 22-pound cat held them hostage in their own home
- UPDATE: Company says ailing 7-year-old will get drug as part of study
- UPDATE: Man shot to death in car in Portsmouth identified