Jay Leno retirement rumors swirl
Could Jay Leno be headed toward retirement?
The longtime Tonight Show host is the subject of speculation about another late night shake-up.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, “two high-level industry sources” said NBC may be planning Leno’s departure.
An announcement could come in May that the 2013-14 television season would be the comedian’s last.
Jimmy Fallon, who currently hosts Late Night on NBC, could be the heir to the Tonight Show throne, The Hollywood Reporter said.
If this all plays out, it will be Leno’s “second retirement” from The Tonight Show.
The network briefly rearranged its funnymen in 2009 and 2010 when it gave The Jay Leno Show a shot in primetime.
- 2 million Facebook, Gmail and Twitter passwords stolen in massive hack, report says
- UPDATE: Train derailment near Princess Anne Road and Ballentine Blvd. in Norfolk
- Chesterfield teen charged with sexually abusing pregnant pit bull
- Dominion Blvd. emergency closure in place
- Police investigating after man claiming workers' comp treated day before for sports injury