Myles’ blog: February was a soggy month
Now that we have turned the page into March, let’s take a look back at February’s weather.
Overall, February was a soggy month with everyone seeing above average rainfall.
Temperatures ranged from the teens to the 60s. Let’s take a closer look at the numbers across the NewsChannel 3 viewing area:
Temperatures: High 63°, Low 24°, 7 days at or below freezing
Precipitation: 4.80″, +1.68″ vs average, 0.2″ of snow, 11 days with measurable precip.
Temperatures: High 67°, Low 20°, 5 days at or below freezing
Precipitation: 3.65″, +0.47″ vs average, Trace of snow, 11 days with measurable precip.
Temperatures: High 62°, Low 19°, 16 days at or below freezing
Precipitation: 4.63″, +1.87″ vs average, 1.0″ of snow, 10 days with measurable precip.
Temperatures: High 65°, Low 30°, 2 days at or below freezing
Precipitation: 7.56″, +3.54″ vs average, 0″ of snow, 10 days with measurable precipitation.
So far in 2013, Norfolk, Wallops Island, and Hatteras all haveprecipitation surpluses versus the average.
Elizabeth City is over 1″ below average. For all of the snow lovers, our snow chances do drop off in March but Norfolk averages 0.2″ in the month of March. The March daily record snowfall is 11″ on March 2nd, 1927.
-Meteorologist Myles Henderson
- UPDATE: Two more victims die overnight after fatal Sandbridge crash
- WATCH: Judge lashes out at convicted killer "I hope you die in prison"
- One person rushed to hospital after double shooting in Virginia Beach
- USS Harry S. Truman Carrier Strike Group returns home
- Norfolk resident: 'They had my little stepson on the ground with the gun to his head'