20th Street sewer work to affect Oceanfront traffic
Virginia Beach, Va. – Beginning Wednesday, March 6, traffic will be affected by a sanitary sewer line replacement on 20th Street, between Arctic Avenue and Atlantic Avenue, in the resort area.
During the replacement, the intersection of 20th Street and Arctic Avenue will be closed to through traffic.
Signs will be posted advising motorists of the work, and traffic will be detoured around the work site.
Access to 20th Street from Baltic Avenue to Pacific Avenue, and access to Arctic Avenue from 19th Street to 21st Street, will only be provided to city workers, emergency responders and neighborhood residents.
Work at this intersection is expected to be completed by March 9, weather permitting. For more information, contact Randy Allen with Virginia Beach Public Utilities at (757) 385-1934.
- Man shot and killed after pinning James City County police officer between cars
- Inside the Moore tornado: What it looked like from a storm shelter (Video)
- Update: Police officer kills man at Norfolk Wells Fargo; deceased suspect identified
- 10 amazing photos of the Moore, Oklahoma tornado
- Oklahoma tornado rated an EF-5 by NWS