Assumptions Ruin Lives
If you thought catching The Replicator would be that easy then you haven’t been paying attention to “Criminal Minds.” Of course the supposed suspect was a pawn of the real Replicator. But in an interesting twist, it wasn’t really psycho Diane on the phone taunting Reid a couple episodes ago.
Remember the episode where Reid’s girlfriend was killed, like you could forget it, someone called him at the beginning and said, “Zugzwang,” into the phone. It’s a chess term when a player essentially knows they’ve been beaten. Apparently The Replicator was the person on the phone, not Diane as we were lead to believe.
The episode did point to a sad commentary on arrests and public perception. The guy the BAU team was chasing was wrongly arrested in connection with the murder of several nurses in the past. Another man was found guilty, but the damage was already done. I wonder how often that happens. How often are people’s lives left in shambles over assumptions?
Oh, and the last scene with The Replicator was so creepy! Who is this guy? Is it even a guy? I’m leaning towards yes on that last one. What do you think?
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Man wants ‘murder’ tattoo removed from neck before trial
- Norfolk Airport holds auction for items from lost and found