Assumptions Ruin Lives
If you thought catching The Replicator would be that easy then you haven’t been paying attention to “Criminal Minds.” Of course the supposed suspect was a pawn of the real Replicator. But in an interesting twist, it wasn’t really psycho Diane on the phone taunting Reid a couple episodes ago.
Remember the episode where Reid’s girlfriend was killed, like you could forget it, someone called him at the beginning and said, “Zugzwang,” into the phone. It’s a chess term when a player essentially knows they’ve been beaten. Apparently The Replicator was the person on the phone, not Diane as we were lead to believe.
The episode did point to a sad commentary on arrests and public perception. The guy the BAU team was chasing was wrongly arrested in connection with the murder of several nurses in the past. Another man was found guilty, but the damage was already done. I wonder how often that happens. How often are people’s lives left in shambles over assumptions?
Oh, and the last scene with The Replicator was so creepy! Who is this guy? Is it even a guy? I’m leaning towards yes on that last one. What do you think?
- Sailor's murals give the USS Theodore Roosevelt a splash of color
- Hampton man shoots suspected burglar who was hiding out inside barber shop closet
- Store owner forgives thief who returned $300 samurai sword to his Beach business
- Shot of the year? Roanoke high schooler makes incredible basket
- Watch this: Massive Milwaukee highway pileup captured on video