Road work on I-264 East at the Berkley Bridge
Norfolk, Va. – VDOT crews will close Interstate 264 east at the Berkley Bridge on Sunday, Mar. 3, 2013, from 4 a.m. to 10 a.m., for bridge maintenance activities.
After crews complete the maintenance activities, the eastbound lanes will be reopened. During the closure, motorists should use the I-64 High Rise Bridge or US Route 58 Midtown Tunnel as alternate routes. Additionally, the South Norfolk Jordan Bridge in Chesapeake can be used as an alternate tolled route. For more information about this option, visit http://www.snjb.net.
Westbound traffic will not be impacted. VDOT attempts to schedule maintenance during travel periods when traffic volumes are lower, to reduce impact to motorists.
In the coming weeks, VDOT will need to perform more work on the bridge span. The following Sundays in March have scheduled closures from 4 a.m. until 10 a.m.:
Sunday, March 10, 2013-All eastbound lanes closed at the Berkley Bridge (from Portsmouth towards Norfolk)
Sunday, March 24, 2013-All westbound lanes closed at the Berkley Bridge (from Norfolk towards Portsmouth)
Motorists are encouraged to visit http://www.511virginia.org , call 511 or listen to Highway Advisory Radio (HAR) 1680 AM or call the Traffic Information Line at 757-361-3016 for current traffic and travel information.
- Store owner forgives thief who returned $300 samurai sword to his Beach business
- Jeremy Mayfield’s $1.3 million mansion to be burned down
- "Katherine" the 14-foot-long shark could be headed to Virginia Beach
- Update: Driver charged after Amtrak train from Norfolk hits car in Waverly
- Who wrote it -- man or woman? Take our handwriting quiz!