Road work on I-264 East at the Berkley Bridge
Norfolk, Va. – VDOT crews will close Interstate 264 east at the Berkley Bridge on Sunday, Mar. 3, 2013, from 4 a.m. to 10 a.m., for bridge maintenance activities.
After crews complete the maintenance activities, the eastbound lanes will be reopened. During the closure, motorists should use the I-64 High Rise Bridge or US Route 58 Midtown Tunnel as alternate routes. Additionally, the South Norfolk Jordan Bridge in Chesapeake can be used as an alternate tolled route. For more information about this option, visit http://www.snjb.net.
Westbound traffic will not be impacted. VDOT attempts to schedule maintenance during travel periods when traffic volumes are lower, to reduce impact to motorists.
In the coming weeks, VDOT will need to perform more work on the bridge span. The following Sundays in March have scheduled closures from 4 a.m. until 10 a.m.:
Sunday, March 10, 2013-All eastbound lanes closed at the Berkley Bridge (from Portsmouth towards Norfolk)
Sunday, March 24, 2013-All westbound lanes closed at the Berkley Bridge (from Norfolk towards Portsmouth)
Motorists are encouraged to visit http://www.511virginia.org , call 511 or listen to Highway Advisory Radio (HAR) 1680 AM or call the Traffic Information Line at 757-361-3016 for current traffic and travel information.
- Man shot and killed after pinning James City County police officer between cars
- FBI agent kills alleged friend of Boston bombers in Orlando
- Inside the Moore tornado: What it looked like from a storm shelter (Video)
- Woman and roommate accused of trying to cause miscarriage
- Update: Police officer kills man at Norfolk Wells Fargo; deceased suspect identified