Public meeting held about possible elimination of Chesapeake Middle School sports
Middle school sports in Chesapeake are on the chopping block.
School leaders are trying to cut more than nine million dollars from Chesapeake’s budget.
A public meeting was held to talk about possible elimination.
Dozens of parents are calling foul, especially with talks about cutting middle school sports.
Besides middle school sports, Chesapeake’s superintendent is also proposing to axe adult education, behind-the-wheel driver’s education classes along with 30 jobs.
- Family furious over reports of exploitation of Disney disability treatment
- Update: 42 sticks of dynamite found in Beach storage shed
- Two-vehicle collision causes gas station fire in Hampton
- Beach-based SEAL killed in Fort Knox training accident identified
- Pilothouse audio released from USS Porter's collision with supertanker