Man charged with allegedly assaulting Suffolk police officers
Suffolk, Va. – One man is facing charges after police say he assaulted three officers last week.
They say officers saw several people outside of an apartment building near the 1100 block of Cogic Square with open containers of alcohol.
When officers approached, they say the individuals ran off.
Police found Terrell Saunders who they say was ‘highly intoxicated’ and had a strong odor of marijuana.
Officers told him to put his hands on his head and that’s when he allegedly started to argue with them.
Police say he then hit one officer in the throat with his elbow and tried to run away, and also put another officer in a bear hug and hit another in the side.
He was eventually taken into custody and police say they found multiple bags of marijuana packaged for sale.
They say based on his ‘gang status’ he is being charged with three counts of gang participation, one for each assault, assault on police officers and others.
Faces of meth
Va. vanity plates
Topless PTSD fight
Way too tan
- Hampton man shoots suspected burglar who was hiding out inside barber shop closet
- Sailor's murals give the USS Theodore Roosevelt a splash of color
- Watch this: Massive Milwaukee highway pileup captured on video
- Suffolk mom targeted by online child porn scam
- Couple calls 911 after they don't get hash brown order at McDonald's