Man charged with allegedly assaulting Suffolk police officers
Suffolk, Va. – One man is facing charges after police say he assaulted three officers last week.
They say officers saw several people outside of an apartment building near the 1100 block of Cogic Square with open containers of alcohol.
When officers approached, they say the individuals ran off.
Police found Terrell Saunders who they say was ‘highly intoxicated’ and had a strong odor of marijuana.
Officers told him to put his hands on his head and that’s when he allegedly started to argue with them.
Police say he then hit one officer in the throat with his elbow and tried to run away, and also put another officer in a bear hug and hit another in the side.
He was eventually taken into custody and police say they found multiple bags of marijuana packaged for sale.
They say based on his ‘gang status’ he is being charged with three counts of gang participation, one for each assault, assault on police officers and others.
Faces of meth
Va. vanity plates
Topless PTSD fight
Way too tan
- UPDATE: Two more victims die overnight after fatal Sandbridge crash
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- WATCH: Judge lashes out at convicted killer "I hope you die in prison"
- Virginia Beach residents angered by early-morning reverse 911 call
- UPDATE: Crews free stuck cargo ship