Norfolk firefighter hospitalized after battling early-morning blaze
Norfolk, Va. – A Norfolk home is uninhabitable this morning after an early-morning blaze caused heavy damage.
Once firefighter was taken to the hospital to be treated for minor injuries suffered in the fire in the 2500 block of Ludlow Street.
Fire crews received the initial call at 2am Sunday morning and arrived to find flames on the first and second floors of the home.
Over 30 firefighters battled the early morning blaze.
The home did have working smoke detectors and no one was at the residence when the fire was reported.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
- UPDATE: Two more victims die overnight after fatal Sandbridge crash
- WATCH: Judge lashes out at convicted killer "I hope you die in prison"
- One person rushed to hospital after double shooting in Virginia Beach
- USS Harry S. Truman Carrier Strike Group returns home
- Norfolk resident: 'They had my little stepson on the ground with the gun to his head'