Norfolk firefighter hospitalized after battling early-morning blaze
Norfolk, Va. – A Norfolk home is uninhabitable this morning after an early-morning blaze caused heavy damage.
Once firefighter was taken to the hospital to be treated for minor injuries suffered in the fire in the 2500 block of Ludlow Street.
Fire crews received the initial call at 2am Sunday morning and arrived to find flames on the first and second floors of the home.
Over 30 firefighters battled the early morning blaze.
The home did have working smoke detectors and no one was at the residence when the fire was reported.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
- Man accused of stealing from dying friend now a fugitive
- Officials discuss plans to repair closed Bonner Bridge
- Chesterfield teen charged with sexually abusing pregnant pit bull
- Washington and Lee student killed, 9 injured in crash
- 2 million Facebook, Gmail and Twitter passwords stolen in massive hack, report says