Gay Mormon records coming out to friends and family
SALT LAKE CITY – A video of a gay Brigham Young University student coming out to family and friends is gaining national attention.
When 25-year-old Jimmy Hales told family and friends he was gay, he decided to record their reactions, according to Fox13News.
That video was posted on YouTube on Tuesday and has already gained national attention and more than 100,000 views.
Hales remains an active Mormon, despite both the school and church’s positions against same-sex relationships.
“I never once wrestled with whether I was going to stay in the church or not, that’s no question in my mind. I’m willing to do anything it takes to make it in the end,” he said.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Prankster gives homeless man 'winning' lottery ticket
- Elizabeth City's "Operation Double Down" cracks down on illegal drug sales
- Baby holds ‘Call Me Maybe’ sign for Army dad meeting her for the first time