From Supreme Court judge to poet
Tonight at 11 - Judge John Charles Thomas was the first African-American to serve on Virginia’s Supreme Court. He was also the youngest person to ever serve on the court. Now he’s about to add a new accomplishment to his list: he’s performing his original poetry at Carnegie Hall in New York City Saturday Night.
Before that performance – you’ll get an exclusive sneak peak on NewsChannel 3 at 11.
Todd Corillo sat down with the judge to learn about his unlikely journey from a boy in the Huntersville section of Norfolk to Supreme Court Judge and now poet, with a stop right here at NewsChannel 3 along the way.
That’s tonight on NewsChannel 3 at 11.
- Update: Police officer kills man at Norfolk Wells Fargo; deceased suspect identified
- Mom forces bullying daughter to don thrift store threads
- Man shot and killed after pinning James City County police officer between cars
- At least 24 killed in mammoth tornado; more bodies expected
- Virginia Beach man charged with wife's murder