Man to be sentenced for triple murder in Norfolk
Norfolk, Va. – A man convicted of killing three people now knows how long he may spend in prison.
A Norfolk jury recommended three life sentences for Aaron Perry.
NewsChannel 3 was at the hearing this morning.
A jury convicted Perry yesterday of shooting and killing three young men in an apartment parking lot in August of 2007.
He was found guilty of capital murder, two counts of first degree murder, and firearms charges.
NewsChannel 3 introduced you to the families of the victims two years ago.
Investigators say they got some promising leads because of our story – and that led to Perry’s arrest last March.
We caught up with the victims’ families about an hour ago.
The families talked about how NewsChannel 3 helped them begin the healing process when we brought them all together for our story.
The sentencing is scheduled for May 3, 2013. We will hear more from the families on NewsChannel 3, First at Four.
- Store owner forgives thief who returned $300 samurai sword to his Beach business
- UPDATE: "Katherine" the Great White Shark spotted in the surf off Kitty Hawk
- Jeremy Mayfield’s $1.3 million mansion to be burned down
- Some mail sent to sailors aboard the USS Harry S. Truman was lost at sea
- Update: Driver charged after Amtrak train from Norfolk hits car in Waverly