James River Bridge closures this weekend
ISLE OF WIGHT – VDOT crews will perform maintenance activities on the southbound span of the Route 17 James River Bridge (JRB) this weekend.
Single-lane, weekend closures, for both north- and southbound traffic will begin on Friday, Feb. 22, beginning at 9 p.m., and continue until Monday, Feb. 25, at 5 a.m., weather conditions permitting.
The left lane in each direction of the bridge will be closed to traffic while crews perform maintenance work. The north- and southbound right lanes will remain open to traffic. Motorists should anticipate delays in both directions, avoid the area if possible, and use the I-664 Monitor-Merrimac Memorial Bridge-Tunnel as an alternate route.
Motorists are encouraged to call 511 or the Traffic Information Line at 757-361-3016, visit http://www.511virginia.org, or listen to Highway Advisory Radio (HAR) 1680 AM for current traffic and travel information.
- Mom forces bullying daughter to don thrift store threads
- Two FBI agents killed in training accident in Virginia Beach
- Man dragged under car for four miles in James City County
- $1 Million Powerball ticket sold in Virginia
- BREAKING: Officer shoots, kills suspect at Wells Fargo in Norfolk; another suspect in custody