WWII medals returned to veteran’s daughter
West Hollywood, Ca. – A southern California woman can finally honor the father she never knew.
Someone found his World War II medals and returned them to her.
Hyla Merin’s father died in 1945, right before she was born. His World War II medals, including a Purple Heart and Silver Stars, had been missing for nearly 70 years.
About four months ago, an apartment manager in west Hollywood found the medals while going through old storage lockers.
Merin received them on Sunday. Her father was a second lieutenant in the army.
- Hampton Roads veterans still waiting up to 30 months for disability claims
- You're eating more calories than you think
- Dolphins surf new submarine's bow wave (video)
- Beach stabbing victim: 'The knife was just in my back, like a ninja' (Video)
- College student from Yorktown wins $1 million lottery prize