Company to add 170 new jobs on the Peninsula
There’s some good news in Newport News.
Liebherr Mining Equipment is adding more than 170 new jobs when it expands over the next four years.
The more than 45 million dollar expansion will be at the Newport News facility, which is also partially located in Hampton.
The city says the new jobs will pay about $46,000 a year.
Now, some of the money from the expansion will be used to improve City Line road increasing the weight limits and making it wider to support the company trucks.
No word on when they will start hiring.
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million
- Owner of Chesapeake nail salon shot during robbery