Taking Action, Getting Results: Woman arrested for robbery after story airs
Norfolk police asked for our help earlier this week to identify a woman who allegedly tried to rob a convenience store.
Within two hours of our story, police had arrested 26-year-old Cassandra O’Neill.
She’s now charged with commercial robbery and use of a firearm.
We first told you about the case Tuesday on NewsChannel 3 at 6.
Police sent us a surveillance picture showing a woman trying to rob a 7-Eleven on Colley Avenue.
Right after our story, police say tips came in about the woman and they identified her as Cassandra O’Neill.
Police arrested her right away and found she also had an outstanding warrant for failure to appear in court.
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million
- Owner of Chesapeake nail salon shot during robbery