Taking Action, Getting Results: Woman arrested for robbery after story airs
Norfolk police asked for our help earlier this week to identify a woman who allegedly tried to rob a convenience store.
Within two hours of our story, police had arrested 26-year-old Cassandra O’Neill.
She’s now charged with commercial robbery and use of a firearm.
We first told you about the case Tuesday on NewsChannel 3 at 6.
Police sent us a surveillance picture showing a woman trying to rob a 7-Eleven on Colley Avenue.
Right after our story, police say tips came in about the woman and they identified her as Cassandra O’Neill.
Police arrested her right away and found she also had an outstanding warrant for failure to appear in court.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Who would bully military wives online?
- Naval Medical Center Portsmouth reopens after several threats force evacuations