7 slain in Pakistan bombing
From Shaan Khan
ISLAMABAD, Pakistan (CNN) — A suicide bomber in northwestern Pakistan rammed an explosives-laden vehicle into a military checkpoint on Thursday and killed seven people, police said.
The bomber targeted paramilitary forces and soldiers, senior police official Shaukat Ali Shah said. Four civilians, including two women, were among the dead. Eight others were injured.
There has been no claim of responsibility.
Journalist Zahir Shah Sherazi contributed to this report
™ & © 2013 Cable News Network, Inc., a Time Warner Company. All rights reserved.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- Family says 22-pound cat held them hostage in their own home
- UPDATE: Company says ailing 7-year-old will get drug as part of study
- UPDATE: Man shot to death in car in Portsmouth identified