Remembering the Ash Wednesday Storm of 1962
It’s been more than 50 years since the Ash Wednesday Storm of 1962 devastated parts of Hampton Roads. In fact, the Virginia Beach Oceanfront received some of the worst damage when strong waves broke the seawall and left the boardwalk in shambles. Take a look at these incredible pictures, courtesy of the City of Virginia Beach, as we reflect on the storm.
Photos courtesy of Drew Lankford and the City of Virginia Beach.
- Hampton man shoots suspected burglar who was hiding out inside barber shop closet
- Sailor's murals give the USS Theodore Roosevelt a splash of color
- Watch this: Massive Milwaukee highway pileup captured on video
- Suffolk mom targeted by online child porn scam
- Shot of the year? Roanoke high schooler makes incredible basket