Remembering the Ash Wednesday Storm of 1962
It’s been more than 50 years since the Ash Wednesday Storm of 1962 devastated parts of Hampton Roads. In fact, the Virginia Beach Oceanfront received some of the worst damage when strong waves broke the seawall and left the boardwalk in shambles. Take a look at these incredible pictures, courtesy of the City of Virginia Beach, as we reflect on the storm.
Photos courtesy of Drew Lankford and the City of Virginia Beach.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Kill Devil Hills man sentenced for 2012 beating, sexual assault of girlfriend
- Watch: Arizona pug takes on police K-9
- Man struck and killed by truck in Newport News; driver arrested