Adele: ‘I didn’t yell at Chris Brown’
(CNN) — Adele received kudos from some corners of the Internet earlier this week after a photo surfaced of her appearing to go off on Chris Brown at the Grammy Awards.
The photographer caught Adele in the middle of saying something to Brown, who wasn’t wearing a happy expression in the photo.
A prominent theory was that Adele was yelling at Brown for not standing and applauding when Frank Ocean, the R&B star Brown allegedly fought with pre-Grammys, won the award for best urban contemporary album. Brown was also nominated in that category.
But the idea that Adele was arguing with Brown didn’t hold much water thanks to another photo that showed the two smiling together, and Adele confirmed via Twitter Tuesday she was simply being friendly.
“Chris Brown and I were complimenting each other in that photo actually!” the nine-time Grammy winner said.
- Man shot and killed after pinning James City County police officer between cars
- FBI agent kills alleged friend of Boston bomber in Orlando, reports say
- Inside the Moore tornado: What it looked like from a storm shelter (Video)
- Update: Police officer kills man at Norfolk Wells Fargo; deceased suspect identified
- 10 amazing photos of the Moore, Oklahoma tornado