Reports say Air Force wrongly blamed pilot for F-22 crash
An Air Force report that cites pilot error in a fatal F-22 crash “was not supported by the facts,” the Pentagon Inspector General’s Office announced Monday.
The crash in Alaska claimed the life of pilot Jeff Haney, and “sparked a lawsuit against the aircraft’s manufacturer and reverberated throughout the tightly knit F-22 community” – which includes pilots at Langley Air Force Base in Hampton, The Daily Press reports.
Watch NewsChannel 3 at 6 for more on the story.
- UPDATE: Two more victims die overnight after fatal Sandbridge crash
- WATCH: Judge lashes out at convicted killer "I hope you die in prison"
- One person rushed to hospital after double shooting in Virginia Beach
- USS Harry S. Truman Carrier Strike Group returns home
- Norfolk resident: 'They had my little stepson on the ground with the gun to his head'