Reports say Air Force wrongly blamed pilot for F-22 crash
An Air Force report that cites pilot error in a fatal F-22 crash “was not supported by the facts,” the Pentagon Inspector General’s Office announced Monday.
The crash in Alaska claimed the life of pilot Jeff Haney, and “sparked a lawsuit against the aircraft’s manufacturer and reverberated throughout the tightly knit F-22 community” – which includes pilots at Langley Air Force Base in Hampton, The Daily Press reports.
Watch NewsChannel 3 at 6 for more on the story.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Who would bully military wives online?
- Naval Medical Center Portsmouth reopens after several threats force evacuations