Newport News police arrest man who allegedly robbed wheelchair-bound man of lottery winnings
Update: Khaleed Arnond McKoy was arrested Thursday, August 15th in Newport News on outstanding warrants for robbery and contempt of court.
Newport News, Va. – Police have identified the man who allegedly robbed a wheelchair-bound man who had just cashed a winning $500 lottery ticket at Mo’s Convenience Store off Warwick Blvd. in Newport News.
Kenneth Jones Sr. uses a wheelchair to get around after losing his leg to diabetes nearly 30 years ago.
While in the store, Jones gave $50 each to two clerks, as well as $5 to another customer and spent $20.
Shortly after he left the store he was robbed of the cash.
Police have issued warrants for the arrest of 18-year-old Khaleed McKoy-Ward after receiving a CrimeLine tip identifying him as the robber.
Ward is described as 4’10″ and 100 lbs.
If you know where police can find Ward call the Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP.
- Prankster gives homeless man 'winning' lottery ticket
- Baby holds ‘Call Me Maybe’ sign for Army dad meeting her for the first time
- Father and son among three arrested in Kitty Hawk drug investigation
- Family, friends gather to remember two girls killed in Ahoskie fire; two others injured
- South Carolina mother drives van filled with kids into ocean