The ugly side of hair extensions
A popular beauty trend can turn ugly.
Consumer Reports medical experts have issued a warning about hair extensions.
Extensions are designed to make your hair look fuller and healthier than ever, but Consumer Reports found they can cause serious damage.
It talked to women who had hair that was broken off because of extensions and bald spots where hair would no longer grow.
And there could be medical complications.
Consumer Reports Dr. Orly Avitzur became concerned when one of her patients with hair extensions complained of excruciating headaches.
“There are people who use hair extensions without complaint. But extensions add excess weight, pulling on the hair, which can lead to damage of the hair follicles.”
Consumer Reports medical experts say if you start to see signs of hair loss with extensions, stop using them right away before the problem becomes permanent.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Kill Devil Hills man sentenced for 2012 beating, sexual assault of girlfriend