Man charged with indecent exposure, Peeping Tom
Williamsburg, Va. - A man is now facing charges for indecent exposure and Peeping Tom, according to Williamsburg police officials.
On Tuesday, February 5, 2013 around 1:15 a.m., Williamsburg police responded to the 100 block of Merrimac Trail to a complaint of indecent exposure.
Officers arrived on scene and spoke to the victim, who saw a man with long blonde or white hair, wearing a black jacket and tee-shirt, ‘peeking into the home and masturbating’.
Police say another witness saw the suspect walk away from the area to an adjacent building and climb into a window.
Officers searched the area and found an open, unscreened window in the adjacent building. They made contact with the resident of that apartment, who was Peter Schellman. The victim identified Schellman as the ‘peeping Tom’, police say.
Schellman was arrested around 5 a.m. after warrants had been obtained by police.
He is charged with Indecent Exposure, Obscene Sexual Display, and Peeping Tom.
Schellman was transported to the Virginia Peninsula Regional Jail where he was held on bond.
Watch NewsChannel 3 for updates as they are released.
- 2 million Facebook, Gmail and Twitter passwords stolen in massive hack, report says
- UPDATE: Train derailment near Princess Anne Road and Ballentine Blvd. in Norfolk
- Chesterfield teen charged with sexually abusing pregnant pit bull
- VB Navy SEAL arrested for selling military weapons, ammunition
- Dominion Blvd. emergency closure in place