Man arrested after barricading himself in room at TNCC
Hampton, Va.–There was an alert sent out to students at Thomas Nelson Community College about an armed person on campus who had been apprehended.
NewsChannel 3 spoke with a representative from the school who says there was no armed person on campus.
Virginia State Police say they tried to stop a 2010 Toyota SUV for an HOV violation on I-64 WB. They say the person failed to stop and led troopers to the Farm Fresh parking lot in Town Center in Hampton.
Police say the driver ran and barricaded himself briefly inside an audio visual room. They say there were no students in the room and he was quickly taken into custody.
The suspect has now been identified as 23-year-old Ravi Marquise Banks from Williamsburg.
State police say he will be charged with HOV, speeding, felony pursuit, obstruction of justice, possession of marijuana and driving while revoked, third offense.
Stay with NewsChannel 3 for more updates.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Man wants ‘murder’ tattoo removed from neck before trial
- Victim's family angry after killer gets unsupervised leave