Chesapeake man arrested in weekend shooting death
Norfolk, Va. – Police have made an arrest after they say a man was shot and killed over the weekend in Norfolk.
Police have arrested 39-year-old Bryan Joseph Sweatt of Chesapeake, Va. in the shooting death of Kendrick M. Downing of Norfolk.
Police say it happened around 11 p.m. Sunday night. Crews responded to the 5300 block of Marlfield Drive after reports of a shooting. They found the victim at the scene, suffering from a gunshot wound. He died later at Sentara Norfolk General Hospital.
Bryan Joseph Sweatt was arrested on Monday, February 4, 2013. He is charged with murder and use or display of a firearm in commission of a felony.
Sweatt is currently in police custody.
Watch NewsChannel 3 for updates as they are released.
- Chesterfield teen charged with sexually abusing pregnant pit bull
- Man accused of stealing from dying friend now a fugitive
- 2 million Facebook, Gmail and Twitter passwords stolen in massive hack, report says
- Police investigating after man claiming workers' comp treated day before for sports injury
- UPDATE: Train derailment near Princess Anne Road and Ballentine Blvd. in Norfolk