Chesapeake man arrested in weekend shooting death
Norfolk, Va. – Police have made an arrest after they say a man was shot and killed over the weekend in Norfolk.
Police have arrested 39-year-old Bryan Joseph Sweatt of Chesapeake, Va. in the shooting death of Kendrick M. Downing of Norfolk.
Police say it happened around 11 p.m. Sunday night. Crews responded to the 5300 block of Marlfield Drive after reports of a shooting. They found the victim at the scene, suffering from a gunshot wound. He died later at Sentara Norfolk General Hospital.
Bryan Joseph Sweatt was arrested on Monday, February 4, 2013. He is charged with murder and use or display of a firearm in commission of a felony.
Sweatt is currently in police custody.
Watch NewsChannel 3 for updates as they are released.
- Prankster gives homeless man 'winning' lottery ticket
- Baby holds ‘Call Me Maybe’ sign for Army dad meeting her for the first time
- Father and son among three arrested in Kitty Hawk drug investigation
- Family, friends gather to remember two girls killed in Ahoskie fire; two others injured
- South Carolina mother drives van filled with kids into ocean