Chesapeake man arrested in weekend shooting death
Norfolk, Va. – Police have made an arrest after they say a man was shot and killed over the weekend in Norfolk.
Police have arrested 39-year-old Bryan Joseph Sweatt of Chesapeake, Va. in the shooting death of Kendrick M. Downing of Norfolk.
Police say it happened around 11 p.m. Sunday night. Crews responded to the 5300 block of Marlfield Drive after reports of a shooting. They found the victim at the scene, suffering from a gunshot wound. He died later at Sentara Norfolk General Hospital.
Bryan Joseph Sweatt was arrested on Monday, February 4, 2013. He is charged with murder and use or display of a firearm in commission of a felony.
Sweatt is currently in police custody.
Watch NewsChannel 3 for updates as they are released.
- Cargo ship runs aground in high winds off Virginia Beach
- UPDATE: Two children dead after multi-vehicle crash in Sandbridge
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- Which Hampton Roads city is the cheapest for your family?
- VIDEO: Why it's not a good idea to take selfies with moving trains