Fire burns two homes in Nags Head
Nags Head, N.C. A fire burned two homes in Nags Head Saturday night.
At about 10:41 pm, Nags Head Fire and Rescue received a report of a structure fire at the corner of Sea Gull Drive and S. Bodie Isle Court near Mile Post 20.5.
When firefighters arrived, fire was already consuming the home and two people in the house had escaped. Nags Head fire crews, assisted by other area fire departments, worked to contain the fire and limit the amount of damage to neighboring homes.
The house was a total loss and there was damage to the home next door. No injuries have been reported.
County records show the home is owned by Charles and Kathleen Reilly of Nags Head.
Fire departments from Colington, Kill Devils Hills, Kitty Hawk, Manns Harbor, Roanoke Island, Southern Shores, and Stumpy Point.
The Dare County Fire Marshal and Dare County Emergency Medical Services were also at the scene.
Submit Your Photo
- UPDATE: Two girls die after crash in Sandbridge, five others hospitalized
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- Which Hampton Roads city is the cheapest for your family?
- Virginia Beach residents angered by early-morning reverse 911 call
- The real story behind the ‘train selfie’ and the man kicked in head by ‘conductor’