National Wear Red Day for heart health awareness
It’s National Wear Red Day for women’s heart health awareness.
Jennifer Stuebbe, 2013 Hampton Roads Go Red for Women Luncheon Chair, talks with Laila about National Wear Red Day.
National Wear Red Day is held on the first Friday in February every year to raise awareness about heart disease being the number 1 killer of women.
This one marks the 10 year anniversary of going red for women.
Event: Hampton Roads Go Red for Women Luncheon
Location: The Chamberlin, 2 Fenwick Road, Hampton VA
Date: May 8, 2013
Proceeds from the luncheon will go towards heart disease research and education specifically for women.
For more information on tickets or sponsorship or to volunteer, call the American Heart Association Hampton Roads office at 757-628-2610.
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million
- Owner of Chesapeake nail salon shot during robbery