Applebee’s waitress fired after posting pastor’s no-tip receipt
The waitress who posted a pastor’s receipt complaining about an automatic gratuity with the words “I give God ten percent, why do you get 18″ has been fired by Applebee’s.
As it turns out, the receipt was not posted by the waitress who served the minister`s table. It was placed on Reddit by user gateflan, Chelsea Welch, another waitress at Applebee`s who saw the receipt and was angered, according to Fox2Now.
St. Louis Pastor Alois Bell wrote on the receipt Friday night.
“It was just dumb,” Bell said. “It was dumb of me and I can say that because I take responsibilities for all my actions.”
Bell says despite her snarky comment, she did pay her share of the automatic tip for dining with a large party.
When Bell alerted Applebee`s to the internet posting, Welch was fired.
Welch has been getting offers of financial support, and there is an online petition to get her re-hired by Applebee’s.
Faces of meth
Va. vanity plates
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen