Youth hockey league uses gun raffle to raise money
A youth hockey league is making headlines with a controversial fundraiser - it’s auctioning off tickets to win a gun! Read More from ValleyNewsLive.com.
Each $40 ticket is a chance to win one of 200 guns.
Fans as far away as Antarctica are snatching up the tickets – after word of the raffle got posted online.
Many think it’s a great fundraiser for the young athletes - others say a gun raffle just isn’t appropriate for a children’s league.
Either way – the league says it’ll hold the raffle in March. Do you think a gun raffle is appropriate?
- Home invasion, then a break-in at Chesapeake home
- 339 gallons of moonshine, 18 weapons seized from Danville ranch
- Portsmouth man accused of assaulting woman, leaving infant in woods
- Facebook comments may have led to at least one of the Eastern Shore arsons
- Hampton man who died after being placed in emergency custody identified