Youth hockey league uses gun raffle to raise money
A youth hockey league is making headlines with a controversial fundraiser - it’s auctioning off tickets to win a gun! Read More from ValleyNewsLive.com.
Each $40 ticket is a chance to win one of 200 guns.
Fans as far away as Antarctica are snatching up the tickets – after word of the raffle got posted online.
Many think it’s a great fundraiser for the young athletes - others say a gun raffle just isn’t appropriate for a children’s league.
Either way – the league says it’ll hold the raffle in March. Do you think a gun raffle is appropriate?
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million
- Owner of Chesapeake nail salon shot during robbery