Youth hockey league uses gun raffle to raise money
A youth hockey league is making headlines with a controversial fundraiser - it’s auctioning off tickets to win a gun! Read More from ValleyNewsLive.com.
Each $40 ticket is a chance to win one of 200 guns.
Fans as far away as Antarctica are snatching up the tickets – after word of the raffle got posted online.
Many think it’s a great fundraiser for the young athletes - others say a gun raffle just isn’t appropriate for a children’s league.
Either way – the league says it’ll hold the raffle in March. Do you think a gun raffle is appropriate?
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Norfolk Airport holds auction for items from lost and found
- Grandma charged after leaving 6 young grandchildren alone in motel