When will power be restored?
Hampton Roads, Va. – Thousands were left without power on Thursday, January 31, 2013, after high wind gusts and storms in Hampton Roads and parts of North Carolina.
Dominion Virginia Power officials say crews continue to restore power in the areas hardest hit by the storm. Most of the schools’ power has already been restored.
Here are the estimated times of restoration:
Albemarle, Elizabeth City, and Outer Banks: 6 p.m.
Most of Chesapeake, Southampton County: 8 p.m.
Hardest hit areas of Chesapeake, Suffolk, Peninsula, Gloucester, Norfolk, Virginia Beach, and Williamsburg: 11 p.m.
Individual customer restoration times will be available as damage is assessed and work is under way, officials tell NewsChannel 3.
Call 1-866-DOM-HELP(1-866-366-4357) to report outages and problems.
Officials urge everyone to stay away from downed lines and anything touching them – assume they are energized, and report them.
- Cargo ship runs aground in high winds off Virginia Beach
- UPDATE: Police identify two children dead after multi-vehicle crash in Sandbridge
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- Which Hampton Roads city is the cheapest for your family?
- Virginia Beach residents angered by early-morning reverse 911 call