When will power be restored?
Hampton Roads, Va. – Thousands were left without power on Thursday, January 31, 2013, after high wind gusts and storms in Hampton Roads and parts of North Carolina.
Dominion Virginia Power officials say crews continue to restore power in the areas hardest hit by the storm. Most of the schools’ power has already been restored.
Here are the estimated times of restoration:
Albemarle, Elizabeth City, and Outer Banks: 6 p.m.
Most of Chesapeake, Southampton County: 8 p.m.
Hardest hit areas of Chesapeake, Suffolk, Peninsula, Gloucester, Norfolk, Virginia Beach, and Williamsburg: 11 p.m.
Individual customer restoration times will be available as damage is assessed and work is under way, officials tell NewsChannel 3.
Call 1-866-DOM-HELP(1-866-366-4357) to report outages and problems.
Officials urge everyone to stay away from downed lines and anything touching them – assume they are energized, and report them.
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million
- Owner of Chesapeake nail salon shot during robbery