When will power be restored?
Hampton Roads, Va. – Thousands were left without power on Thursday, January 31, 2013, after high wind gusts and storms in Hampton Roads and parts of North Carolina.
Dominion Virginia Power officials say crews continue to restore power in the areas hardest hit by the storm. Most of the schools’ power has already been restored.
Here are the estimated times of restoration:
Albemarle, Elizabeth City, and Outer Banks: 6 p.m.
Most of Chesapeake, Southampton County: 8 p.m.
Hardest hit areas of Chesapeake, Suffolk, Peninsula, Gloucester, Norfolk, Virginia Beach, and Williamsburg: 11 p.m.
Individual customer restoration times will be available as damage is assessed and work is under way, officials tell NewsChannel 3.
Call 1-866-DOM-HELP(1-866-366-4357) to report outages and problems.
Officials urge everyone to stay away from downed lines and anything touching them – assume they are energized, and report them.
- Who would bully military wives online?
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Naval Medical Center Portsmouth reopens after several threats force evacuations
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach