Update: Man in wheelchair dies after being hit by vehicle in Norfolk
Norfolk, Va. – According to Norfolk police, a man in a wheelchair was killed after being hit by a vehicle on Tidewater and Norview.
Calls came in at 6:45 p.m. on Wednesday, January 30, 2013. Officials say the man died at the hospital. He has now been identified as James Camp.
Investigators say Camp was in a wheelchair in the crosswalk trying to cross the intersection when he was hit.
No word yet on whether or not the driver faces any charges. Police are still investigating.
Stay with NewsChannel 3 for updates.
- 2 million Facebook, Gmail and Twitter passwords stolen in massive hack, report says
- UPDATE: Train derailment near Princess Anne Road and Ballentine Blvd. in Norfolk
- Chesterfield teen charged with sexually abusing pregnant pit bull
- Dominion Blvd. emergency closure in place
- Police investigating after man claiming workers' comp treated day before for sports injury