Update: Man in wheelchair dies after being hit by vehicle in Norfolk
Norfolk, Va. – According to Norfolk police, a man in a wheelchair was killed after being hit by a vehicle on Tidewater and Norview.
Calls came in at 6:45 p.m. on Wednesday, January 30, 2013. Officials say the man died at the hospital. He has now been identified as James Camp.
Investigators say Camp was in a wheelchair in the crosswalk trying to cross the intersection when he was hit.
No word yet on whether or not the driver faces any charges. Police are still investigating.
Stay with NewsChannel 3 for updates.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen