Update: Man in wheelchair dies after being hit by vehicle in Norfolk
Norfolk, Va. – According to Norfolk police, a man in a wheelchair was killed after being hit by a vehicle on Tidewater and Norview.
Calls came in at 6:45 p.m. on Wednesday, January 30, 2013. Officials say the man died at the hospital. He has now been identified as James Camp.
Investigators say Camp was in a wheelchair in the crosswalk trying to cross the intersection when he was hit.
No word yet on whether or not the driver faces any charges. Police are still investigating.
Stay with NewsChannel 3 for updates.
- Home invasion, then a break-in at Chesapeake home
- 339 gallons of moonshine, 18 weapons seized from Danville ranch
- Portsmouth man accused of assaulting woman, leaving infant in woods
- Facebook comments may have led to at least one of the Eastern Shore arsons
- Hampton man who died after being placed in emergency custody identified