Birth control for men?
Women have been taking them for decades, but now researchers in Texas say they are closer than ever to a birth control pill for men.
Dr. Martin Matzuk is actually working on a breakthrough that could change birth control for men.
What Dr. Martin Matzuk showed in his Baylor College of Medicine lab, is perhaps the most exciting research his department has ever seen.
They are working on the first birth control pill for men. Others have tried but failed because of harmful side effects.
But research published in the cell medical journal says JQ1 is different.
“In the past, other pills have targeted hormones, but JQ1 targets germ cells, and so far in mice, side effects do not exist.”
But will that success be the same for men? Researchers say yes.
His research will continue and clinical trials could start in five years.
- Who would bully military wives online?
- Bullying or Fun? Military spouses go to battle over "Dependa" on Facebook
- Wait -- they found a gun hidden WHERE?!
- Naval Medical Center Portsmouth reopens after several threats force evacuations
- UPDATE: Woman caught on camera stealing from baby's grave explains why she did it