Veteran says her service dog was banned from business
A Connecticut veteran says her service dog wasn’t allowed into a business, even though the dog is fully registered to do so.
Jackie Milhomme’s service dog, Jesse, has been by her side for nearly a year now. Jackie suffers from post traumatic stress disorder after serving in Iraq.
Jesse was with her when she tried to attend a friend’s birthday party earlier this week at a local bar. She says the owner told her the dog wasn’t allowed.
The Federal Americans with Disabilities Act says that any business that serves the public must also allow service animals to accompany a disabled person.
The bar owner has not yet commented on what happened.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Man wants ‘murder’ tattoo removed from neck before trial
- Norfolk Airport holds auction for items from lost and found