Veteran says her service dog was banned from business
A Connecticut veteran says her service dog wasn’t allowed into a business, even though the dog is fully registered to do so.
Jackie Milhomme’s service dog, Jesse, has been by her side for nearly a year now. Jackie suffers from post traumatic stress disorder after serving in Iraq.
Jesse was with her when she tried to attend a friend’s birthday party earlier this week at a local bar. She says the owner told her the dog wasn’t allowed.
The Federal Americans with Disabilities Act says that any business that serves the public must also allow service animals to accompany a disabled person.
The bar owner has not yet commented on what happened.
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million
- Owner of Chesapeake nail salon shot during robbery