Report: Public comment window opens for Virginia’s new abortion clinic regulations
RICHMOND, Va. (WTKR) – A 60-day public comment period begins Monday for Virginia’s contentious abortion clinic regulations, according to a report from WTVR CBS 6 in Richmond, Virginia.
The two-month period allows the public to weigh in on the regulations to the Virginia Board of Health. The panel will then review the regulations and vote on whether or not to impose hospital construction standards on Virginia clinics that perform abortions.
According to reports – if approved, the regulations would take effect over the summer.
- UPDATE: Two more victims die overnight after fatal Sandbridge crash
- WATCH: Judge lashes out at convicted killer "I hope you die in prison"
- Update: Two dead in homicide-suicide shooting in Virginia Beach
- USS Harry S. Truman Carrier Strike Group returns home
- Norfolk resident: 'They had my little stepson on the ground with the gun to his head'