Report: Public comment window opens for Virginia’s new abortion clinic regulations
RICHMOND, Va. (WTKR) – A 60-day public comment period begins Monday for Virginia’s contentious abortion clinic regulations, according to a report from WTVR CBS 6 in Richmond, Virginia.
The two-month period allows the public to weigh in on the regulations to the Virginia Board of Health. The panel will then review the regulations and vote on whether or not to impose hospital construction standards on Virginia clinics that perform abortions.
According to reports – if approved, the regulations would take effect over the summer.
- Hampton Roads veterans still waiting up to 30 months for disability claims
- You're eating more calories than you think
- Dolphins surf new submarine's bow wave (video)
- Beach stabbing victim: 'The knife was just in my back, like a ninja' (Video)
- College student from Yorktown wins $1 million lottery prize