Report: Public comment window opens for Virginia’s new abortion clinic regulations
RICHMOND, Va. (WTKR) – A 60-day public comment period begins Monday for Virginia’s contentious abortion clinic regulations, according to a report from WTVR CBS 6 in Richmond, Virginia.
The two-month period allows the public to weigh in on the regulations to the Virginia Board of Health. The panel will then review the regulations and vote on whether or not to impose hospital construction standards on Virginia clinics that perform abortions.
According to reports – if approved, the regulations would take effect over the summer.
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million
- Owner of Chesapeake nail salon shot during robbery