How to report a pot hole in Suffolk
Suffolk, Va. – The City of Suffolk Public Works Department has several ways for citizens to report pot holes needing repair work.
The goal of the Public Works Department is to repair pot holes within 48 hours of being reported during the regular work week depending on weather conditions.
The recent snow event and below-freezing temperatures can bring about conditions for pot holes to form on City streets.
The moisture from rain, sleet, and snow seeps into the pavement and sub-base, freezes, expands, and then thaws. The freeze – thaw cycle weakens the pavement and traffic loosens the pavement even more, resulting in crumbling of the pavement.
If a pot hole is spotted, residents are asked to call the Suffolk Public Works Roadway Maintenance Division at (757) 514-7600. Residents can also visit the City of Suffolk website and click on the “Report Roadway Issues” button on the home page, http://www.suffolkva.us. This button links to an online form which allows the visitor to site pothole or pavement issues, drainage issues, dead animal in the roadway, or other issues.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- Girl receives over 200 stitches in her head after vicious pit bull attack in Newport News
- Slain officer's text messages will be evidence at murder trial
- Family says 22-pound cat held them hostage in their own home