Driver charged after crashing stolen van into Portsmouth building
Portsmouth, Va. – A man was arrested Sunday night after police say he crashed a stolen van into a building.
36-year-old Malcolm Boykins of the 2200 block of King Street in Portsmouth is charged with grand larceny, felony eluding police, reckless driving, and destruction of property.
Police say on Sunday night, January 27, 2013, a van crashed into a building as police officers attempted to pull the vehicle over.
Officers saw the van hit a pole in the 600 block of High St. They attempted to stop the van, but the driver continued to the 800 block of High St. where he crashed into a building at the corner of High St. and Effingham.
The vehicle had been reported stolen earlier. The man driving, Malcolm Boykins, was taken into custody.
Watch NewsChannel 3 for updates as they are available.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Kill Devil Hills man sentenced for 2012 beating, sexual assault of girlfriend