Driver charged after crashing stolen van into Portsmouth building
Portsmouth, Va. – A man was arrested Sunday night after police say he crashed a stolen van into a building.
36-year-old Malcolm Boykins of the 2200 block of King Street in Portsmouth is charged with grand larceny, felony eluding police, reckless driving, and destruction of property.
Police say on Sunday night, January 27, 2013, a van crashed into a building as police officers attempted to pull the vehicle over.
Officers saw the van hit a pole in the 600 block of High St. They attempted to stop the van, but the driver continued to the 800 block of High St. where he crashed into a building at the corner of High St. and Effingham.
The vehicle had been reported stolen earlier. The man driving, Malcolm Boykins, was taken into custody.
Watch NewsChannel 3 for updates as they are available.
- UPDATE: Two more victims die overnight after fatal Sandbridge crash
- WATCH: Judge lashes out at convicted killer "I hope you die in prison"
- One person rushed to hospital after double shooting in Virginia Beach
- USS Harry S. Truman Carrier Strike Group returns home
- Norfolk resident: 'They had my little stepson on the ground with the gun to his head'