Surprise redistricting vote mocked on Colbert Report
This week’s surprise senate redistricting vote has made the late-night laugh circuit.
On a day that one seat left was left vacant in the state senate, Republicans were able to pass an amendment that changed district lines to the benefit of their party.
Now senate Democrats are vowing to fight the changes in court.
Even Governor Bob McDonnell said that the tactics “were a surprise and don’t think that’s the way buisness should be done.”
Meanwhile, the drama played out on the cable TV funnies. Stephen Colbert featured the move in his “Alpha Dog of the Week” segment, featured in the clip above. If you want to see the whole transcript, click over to Style Weekly.
If you recall, Virginia General Assembly sessions have shown up almost every year on the late-night joke circuit, since Ken Cuccinelli became Attorney General.
Last year the trans-vaginal debate was the brunt of jokes on The Daily Show, as well as making national news headlines.
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million
- Owner of Chesapeake nail salon shot during robbery