Two Suffolk fires ruled accidental
UPDATE: The Suffolk Fire Marshal’s office advised that last evening’s fire in the 400 block of Bute Street originated in the kitchen and was accidental. The fire at the Colander Bishop Apartments originated in the attic and was also determined to be accidental.
Suffolk, Va. – Fire crews in Suffolk had to fight two fires within an hour on Thursday night, officials tell NewsChannel 3.
The first fire started just before 6 p.m. on Thursday, January 24, 2013, on Bute Street – just off Pughsville Road.
Crews say one person jumped from a second floor window and was flown to the hospital.
Everyone else made it out safely, officials say.
The second fire happened around 7 p.m. at Colander Bishop Apartments on Brook Avenue – off Carolina Road.
The fire there was contained to the attic.
No one was hurt. There is no word yet on a cause for either fire.
- Store owner forgives thief who returned $300 samurai sword to his Beach business
- Jeremy Mayfield’s $1.3 million mansion to be burned down
- "Katherine" the 14-foot-long shark could be headed to Virginia Beach
- Update: Driver charged after Amtrak train from Norfolk hits car in Waverly
- Who wrote it -- man or woman? Take our handwriting quiz!