Update: Body of missing Beach man found in water
Charles Edward Griffin
Virginia Beach. Va. – Police say they found the body of a 27-year-old Beach man who was reported missing by his family on January 23rd.
They say on Sunday, Jan. 20th, Charles Edward Griffin of the 1000 block of Pebblewood Drive, attended a party in the 3700 block of Atlantic Avenue.
They say the party became disruptive and police were called by hotel staff.
Police say Griffin left the party and had not been heard from by family members for several days . Police then began an investigation.
Police say they during their investigation they discovered that during the early morning hours on Sunday, Jan. 20th, residents in the 400 block of 49th Street heard a male yelling.
Dispatch reported getting several calls about a man yelling for help in the area.
Police responded and searched the area including the water.
Police were not able to locate anyone.
After Griffin was reported missing, detectives went back to 49th Street area.
A search was conducted on Crystal Lake and Griffin’s body was found in the water five feet below the surface.
The cause of death has not yet been determined.
This case remains under investigation.
- Prankster gives homeless man 'winning' lottery ticket
- Baby holds ‘Call Me Maybe’ sign for Army dad meeting her for the first time
- Father and son among three arrested in Kitty Hawk drug investigation
- Family, friends gather to remember two girls killed in Ahoskie fire; two others injured
- South Carolina mother drives van filled with kids into ocean