Test lifts scheduled for James River Bridge on Friday
The James River Bridge (Wikicommons)
Isle of Wight County –VDOT bridge maintenance crews have scheduled test lifts at the Route 17 James River Bridge on Friday.
The four test lifts will occur throughout the day, as traffic conditions permit, between the hours of 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., with each opening expected to last up to 20 minutes.
After each test opening, crews will reopen the bridge to traffic allowing the queue to clear. The tests are part of routine maintenance.
Motorists are encouraged to visit www.511virginia.org, call 511 or listen to Highway Advisory Radio (HAR) 1680 AM or call the Traffic Information Line at 757-361-3016 for current traffic and travel information.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- Girl receives over 200 stitches in her head after vicious pit bull attack in Newport News
- Slain officer's text messages will be evidence at murder trial
- Family says 22-pound cat held them hostage in their own home