Test lifts scheduled for James River Bridge on Friday
The James River Bridge (Wikicommons)
Isle of Wight County –VDOT bridge maintenance crews have scheduled test lifts at the Route 17 James River Bridge on Friday.
The four test lifts will occur throughout the day, as traffic conditions permit, between the hours of 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., with each opening expected to last up to 20 minutes.
After each test opening, crews will reopen the bridge to traffic allowing the queue to clear. The tests are part of routine maintenance.
Motorists are encouraged to visit www.511virginia.org, call 511 or listen to Highway Advisory Radio (HAR) 1680 AM or call the Traffic Information Line at 757-361-3016 for current traffic and travel information.
- Hampton man shoots suspected burglar who was hiding out inside barber shop closet
- Sailor's murals give the USS Theodore Roosevelt a splash of color
- Watch this: Massive Milwaukee highway pileup captured on video
- Suffolk mom targeted by online child porn scam
- Couple calls 911 after they don't get hash brown order at McDonald's