14 watches stolen from Virginia Beach home
Virginia Beach, Va. – Jeremy Downs lost a lot of time. Fourteen of his watches were stolen from his Virginia Beach home off of Shore Dr. yesterday while he was away at work.
“Watches are my thing,” Downs says. “Watches and sunglasses. So just through the years I just accumulated a lot of watches that I’ve held onto.”
Their values ranged from $400 Dive watches to a fake Rolex worth $25.
In all, it was about a $2,700 loot. He says the thief broke in through his bedroom window.
“Broad daylight, we have a dog, a cat and they were still able, I don’t know if brave is the word, but they didn’t care about any of that and still continued to break into our home,” he says.
Lucky for Downs, only his wrist watch collection was stolen. The burglar didn’t bother snatching any other valuables.
He thanks Kyle for that, his Cocker Spaniel, who Downs says most likely thwarted the thieves from taking anything else.
Now with no watch on his wrist, he’s hoping police can help find his lost time.
“Don’t have one on this time,” Downs says. “I’ll probably be in the market for one watch, but I don’t think I’ll ever have as many watches as I did.”
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Kill Devil Hills man sentenced for 2012 beating, sexual assault of girlfriend