Suspect identified in Hampton shooting
Hampton, Va. - Two teenage boys were shot on Kingsbury Way last night, one 17 years old and the other 19.
The shooter? Police say it’s 33-year-old Anthony Wallace, who lives on the same street. Police haven’t caught him yet.
Police say three people were walking on the street around 11 p.m. That’s when they got into an altercation with Wallace before he shot the victims.
“My first reaction was, did I just hear what I thought I heard? Are the doors locked?” said neighbor Jermaine Jacob.
And now, some neighbors say this shooting was the final straw, and they’re ending their lease.
“We’re trying to break it. I have a 2-year-old daughter that lives right upstairs, and for that to happen right there…It was just too close for comfort.”
And Wallace has a history. He has warrants for two counts of maiming and three counts of using a firearm by a convicted felon, among four others.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen