Suspect identified in Hampton shooting
Hampton, Va. - Two teenage boys were shot on Kingsbury Way last night, one 17 years old and the other 19.
The shooter? Police say it’s 33-year-old Anthony Wallace, who lives on the same street. Police haven’t caught him yet.
Police say three people were walking on the street around 11 p.m. That’s when they got into an altercation with Wallace before he shot the victims.
“My first reaction was, did I just hear what I thought I heard? Are the doors locked?” said neighbor Jermaine Jacob.
And now, some neighbors say this shooting was the final straw, and they’re ending their lease.
“We’re trying to break it. I have a 2-year-old daughter that lives right upstairs, and for that to happen right there…It was just too close for comfort.”
And Wallace has a history. He has warrants for two counts of maiming and three counts of using a firearm by a convicted felon, among four others.
- Who would bully military wives online?
- Bullying or Fun? Military spouses go to battle over "Dependa" on Facebook
- Wait -- they found a gun hidden WHERE?!
- Naval Medical Center Portsmouth reopens after several threats force evacuations
- UPDATE: Woman caught on camera stealing from baby's grave explains why she did it