‘Ray-Bandit’ captured near Chicago
The serial bank robber dubbed the ‘Ray-Bandit’ by the FBI has been captured, according to FBI spokesperson Dee Rybiski.
The robber – named for the sunglasses he wore during 17 alleged bank robberies in seven different states – was arrested earlier this month after a bank robbery in Elgin, Ill., near Chicago, according to the Chicago Tribune.
The FBI identified the bandit as Jeremy Evans of Carol Stream, Ill.
Agents say the bandit constantly changed his look through false teeth, hair dye and different hats to go with the sunglasses. No one was hurt in any of the robberies.
The FBI recently posted a billboard on Interstate 64 East in Hampton with the wanted ad of the Ray-Bandit in hopes of catching him in Hampton Roads.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Who would bully military wives online?
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Naval Medical Center Portsmouth reopens after several threats force evacuations