Portsmouth woman arrested in case of seriously injured 3-year-old girl
Update: On Tuesday, January 22, 2013, police arrested arrested 22-year-old Kerneisha Phoebe Adolphus of the 800 block of Crawford Parkway in Portsmouth. She was charged with aggravated malicious wounding in relation to the injuries found on the 3-year-old female victim.
Portsmouth, Va. – Portsmouth police are investigating after a 3-year-old girl was hospitalized with serious injuries on Monday.
A 911 call was made about the girl at 8:25 p.m. and Portsmouth police and medic units were dispatched to an apartment in the 800 block of Crawford Parkway.
The medic unit transported the girl, who was not breathing at the time, to the Children’s Hospital of the Kings Daughters. The child is currently in critical condition and suffering from trauma to the body.
Police interviewed a man and woman who were babysitting the child at the time of the 911 call. It is unclear if the two are related to the child.
Detectives with the Special Victims Unit, along with Child Protective Services responded and began an investigation. No arrests have been made at this time.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Kill Devil Hills man sentenced for 2012 beating, sexual assault of girlfriend
- Watch: Arizona pug takes on police K-9
- Elizabeth City's "Operation Double Down" cracks down on illegal drug sales