Manti Te’o set to talk about girlfriend hoax on camera
(CNN) — Notre Dame linebacker Manti Te’o is getting ready to talk on camera about the bizarre story of his fake girlfriend.
Katie Couric tweeted that an interview with Te’o and his parents will appear on her talk show Thursday.
The runner-up for this year’s Heisman trophy said his girlfriend died back in September of leukemia. But last week, sports website,Deadspin broke the story that she wasn’t a real person.
Te’o and Notre Dame’s athletic director have said he was fooled in an internet hoax.
The Couric interview would be the first time Te’o has spoken on camera about the situation.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen