Coast Guard ramps up security efforts for 57th Presidential Inauguration
Members from various Coast Guard units throughout the United States joined together Sunday in support of the 57th Presidential Inauguration in Washington Monday.
Members of the Coast Guard Maritime Safety and Security Team from Coast Guard Regional Dive Locker East, located in Portsmouth, Va., and Coast Guard Regional Dive Locker West, located in San Diego, Calif., patroled areas of the Potomac River for possible security threats.
Members of a Vessel Boarding Security Team from Coast Guard Sector Baltimore conducted initial safety inspections aboard the cruise ship Odyssey III.
The crew of the Coast Guard Cutter Cochito, homeported in Virginia Beach, is enforcing security zones along the Potomac River.
- UPDATE: Two more victims die overnight after fatal Sandbridge crash
- WATCH: Judge lashes out at convicted killer "I hope you die in prison"
- One person rushed to hospital after double shooting in Virginia Beach
- USS Harry S. Truman Carrier Strike Group returns home
- Norfolk resident: 'They had my little stepson on the ground with the gun to his head'