Coast Guard ramps up security efforts for 57th Presidential Inauguration
Members from various Coast Guard units throughout the United States joined together Sunday in support of the 57th Presidential Inauguration in Washington Monday.
Members of the Coast Guard Maritime Safety and Security Team from Coast Guard Regional Dive Locker East, located in Portsmouth, Va., and Coast Guard Regional Dive Locker West, located in San Diego, Calif., patroled areas of the Potomac River for possible security threats.
Members of a Vessel Boarding Security Team from Coast Guard Sector Baltimore conducted initial safety inspections aboard the cruise ship Odyssey III.
The crew of the Coast Guard Cutter Cochito, homeported in Virginia Beach, is enforcing security zones along the Potomac River.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Kill Devil Hills man sentenced for 2012 beating, sexual assault of girlfriend
- Watch: Arizona pug takes on police K-9
- Elizabeth City's "Operation Double Down" cracks down on illegal drug sales