Update: Missing Newport News woman returns home
UPDATE: Andretta Yvonne Nickson returned home safely just before midnight Saturday night. Newport News police say Nickson appeared to be in good health and coherent and informed them of her activities while she was missing.
Newport News, Va. – Newport News police are asking for the public’s help in finding a missing/endangered woman.
Police say late Thursday night, 41-year-old Andretta Nickson left her home at the Open Arms Assisted Living Facility on 27th Street in Newport News. She told the staff she was going on a walk, but never returned.
Nickson is reported to be bipolar and diabetic. Because she has to take multiple medications every 12 hours she is considered to be endangered.
She is described as being 5’6″ tall, weighing 250-300 pounds. She was last seen wearing a blue shirt, black or blue pants and a blue knee-length coat. Anyone who has information on her whereabouts is asked to call the Newport News Police at 757-247-2500.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Norfolk Airport holds auction for items from lost and found
- Grandma charged after leaving 6 young grandchildren alone in motel