Update: Missing Newport News woman returns home
UPDATE: Andretta Yvonne Nickson returned home safely just before midnight Saturday night. Newport News police say Nickson appeared to be in good health and coherent and informed them of her activities while she was missing.
Newport News, Va. – Newport News police are asking for the public’s help in finding a missing/endangered woman.
Police say late Thursday night, 41-year-old Andretta Nickson left her home at the Open Arms Assisted Living Facility on 27th Street in Newport News. She told the staff she was going on a walk, but never returned.
Nickson is reported to be bipolar and diabetic. Because she has to take multiple medications every 12 hours she is considered to be endangered.
She is described as being 5’6″ tall, weighing 250-300 pounds. She was last seen wearing a blue shirt, black or blue pants and a blue knee-length coat. Anyone who has information on her whereabouts is asked to call the Newport News Police at 757-247-2500.
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen
- ‘Little hero’ uses Facetime to save his mom