Virginia State lawmaker holds AK-47 on floor of State House
According to WTVR, Virginia state lawmaker Joe Morrissey held an AK 47 on the floor of the State House of Delegates Thursday night as he introduced a bill that would restrict the sale of assault weapons at gun shows.
The House shot the bill down Thursday night. He knew he was in for an uphill battle.
The delegate introduced legislation to ban the sale, transfer, import or barter of assault rifles and magazines holding 20 or more rounds.
Morrissey says his proposal would have prohibited gun enthusiasts from buying or selling assault weapons at gun shows.
Morrissey’s ban would not have applied to police officers and would not ban hand guns.
The delegate says assault weapons do not belong on Virginia’s streets. He says the only place they should be found is a battlefield.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen