Virginia State lawmaker holds AK-47 on floor of State House
According to WTVR, Virginia state lawmaker Joe Morrissey held an AK 47 on the floor of the State House of Delegates Thursday night as he introduced a bill that would restrict the sale of assault weapons at gun shows.
The House shot the bill down Thursday night. He knew he was in for an uphill battle.
The delegate introduced legislation to ban the sale, transfer, import or barter of assault rifles and magazines holding 20 or more rounds.
Morrissey says his proposal would have prohibited gun enthusiasts from buying or selling assault weapons at gun shows.
Morrissey’s ban would not have applied to police officers and would not ban hand guns.
The delegate says assault weapons do not belong on Virginia’s streets. He says the only place they should be found is a battlefield.
- Update: Police officer kills man at Norfolk Wells Fargo; deceased suspect identified
- Mom forces bullying daughter to don thrift store threads
- Man shot and killed after pinning James City County police officer between two cars
- Virginia Beach man charged with wife's murder
- Two-mile-wide tornado kills at least 51, including 7 elementary school students