Snow, ice in Suffolk causes traffic problems and school delays
Many drivers in Suffolk experienced several problems on the roads Friday morning after snow and ice fell around the area.
One driver hit a patch of ice, lost control and slammed into a tractor trailer.
Nearly 60 gallons of diesel fuel spilled onto the roadway, shutting down the westbound on-ramp and snarling traffic for hours until it could be cleaned up.
The snow didn’t stop school buses from being on the roads though.
Suffolk Public Schools were on a 2-hour delay, allowing road conditions to improve so students could get to school safely.
But while Suffolk saw at least an inch of snow here and there, others, specifically in Virginia Beach and parts of Chesapeake, didn’t see any at all.
And if you didn’t see snow this time, we’ll keep tracking the potential for snow in your live VIPIR forecast all winter long.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- Girl receives over 200 stitches in her head after vicious pit bull attack in Newport News
- Slain officer's text messages will be evidence at murder trial
- Family says 22-pound cat held them hostage in their own home