Man arrested breaking into home in Colington
Thomas Monroe Underwood
Colington, N.C. – Dare County Sheriff’s Deputies arrested a man breaking into a home on Williams Drive in Colington on Monday.
Deputies responding to reports of a suspicious person entering the home captured 55-year-old Thomas Monroe Underwood of Kill Devil Hills without incident.
Underwood was charged with Felonious Breaking and Entering and Misdemeanor Breaking and Entering and is being held at the Dare County Detention Center in lieu of $2,000 bond.
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million
- Owner of Chesapeake nail salon shot during robbery