Man shot during robbery in Newport News
Newport News, Va. – Newport News police are searching for two men wanted in a shooting and robbery.
On January 15, 2013, at 6: 04 p.m., police responded to the Olde Towne Market located at 39th Street and Marshall Avenue to calls of a shooting.
Officers located a 26-year-old Newport News man suffering multiple gunshot wounds to his abdomen, hip, thigh, and ankle. The victim was transported to a local area hospital with reportedly non-life threatening injuries. Wednesday morning, he remains in the hospital in stable condition.
Police say the injured man was the victim of a robbery. Witnesses observed the shooting and indicated the victim was shot by a black male wearing all dark clothing. A second male went through the victims’ pockets, and both men ran away from the scene. The investigation is ongoing.
Anyone with information about the shooting and robbery is asked to call Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP.
Watch NewsChannel 3 for updates.
- 2 million Facebook, Gmail and Twitter passwords stolen in massive hack, report says
- UPDATE: Train derailment near Princess Anne Road and Ballentine Blvd. in Norfolk
- VB Navy SEAL arrested for selling military weapons, ammunition
- Chesterfield teen charged with sexually abusing pregnant pit bull
- Dominion Blvd. emergency closure in place