Man shot during robbery in Newport News
Newport News, Va. – Newport News police are searching for two men wanted in a shooting and robbery.
On January 15, 2013, at 6: 04 p.m., police responded to the Olde Towne Market located at 39th Street and Marshall Avenue to calls of a shooting.
Officers located a 26-year-old Newport News man suffering multiple gunshot wounds to his abdomen, hip, thigh, and ankle. The victim was transported to a local area hospital with reportedly non-life threatening injuries. Wednesday morning, he remains in the hospital in stable condition.
Police say the injured man was the victim of a robbery. Witnesses observed the shooting and indicated the victim was shot by a black male wearing all dark clothing. A second male went through the victims’ pockets, and both men ran away from the scene. The investigation is ongoing.
Anyone with information about the shooting and robbery is asked to call Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP.
Watch NewsChannel 3 for updates.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Man wants ‘murder’ tattoo removed from neck before trial
- Norfolk Airport holds auction for items from lost and found